I am tired of answering DMs about what products I have in my current setup, so I am making this post to answer all the questions you may have. My setup originally started as a gaming room, but after focusing on making content for my TikTok and Instagram, it slowly turned into more of an office workspace.
I’ve been thinking about adding another monitor to my setup for awhile now, but with my last desk I simply didn’t have enough room. That is the reason I opted to upgrade my desk to a much larger one. My initial idea was to purchase the Karlby Countertop from Ikea, but I was worried about it sagging over time. This lead me on the hunt for a much sturdier solution.
Current Desk materials:
- I Purchased a Lowes Birch Butcher Block as the tabletop. Keep in mind you will most likely need help carrying this. IT IS HEAVY! So far I have not experienced any sagging.
- I then used 2 x Alex Drawers from Ikea to support the table. I waited months for these to finally be in stock.
Once I started taking my content a little more seriously, I knew I had to upgrade my hardware to make higher quality videos. I got rid of my old snowball mic and logitech webcam and joined the ranks of every wannabe YouTuber.
- Shure SM7b Mic: High Quality Microphone, but a little bit pricey
- GoXLR Mixer: This is needed to give enough gain to the Mic. It also has some other cool features.
- Rode PSA1 Swivel Mount Arm: Used to hold the mic.
- Canon EOS M50 Camera: I use this mostly as my webcam.
- CamLink : This is used to stream/record using the Canon camera and my PC
- Bose QuietComfort Headphones: Some of the best wireless headphones you can find. They can also be wired to reduce lag from your PC.
- Klipsch 2.1 Speakers: Not currently set up, but I use these when I don’t want to wear my headphones.
Here are some other peripherals that are part of the setup, but I couldn’t find a category to put them in.
- Neweer Lighting: 2 x LED Panels with a desk mount to light my camera.
- GTRacing Gaming Chair: Gaming chair that was gifted as part of a sponsor.
- Logitech G703 Mouse: To be honest, I don’t think you can go wrong with any Logitech mice.
- Corsair K63 Keyboard: My current keyboard isn’t in stock anymore but this one is a similar model.
- Vivo Dual Monitor Mount: Super Sturdy. Doesn’t move as well as I would like but no need to worry about any monitors falling.
- Dell 27″ S2716DGR Monitor: This is my primary gaming monitor. 144hz and has GSYNC
- Dell 27″ Freesync Monitor: Secondary monitor, but could be used as a gaming monitor also.
Hopefully I can remember everything that is my computer. I built this PC myself and usually just add upgrades as they are needed. Also by the time I’m done writing this I hopefully went and bought a larger SSD to store all my files. Good luck finding a GPU in this market!